10 Ways to boost your income
Some helpful ideas that you might like to consider to increase your current income.
Remember to consider and check any tax or benefit implications that might be triggered by extra taxable income coming into your household. If in any doubt, it is best to contact HMRC direct to ask them.
This is not an exhaustive list and there may be lots more ideas that may be more suitable to you, here are just a few to be thinking about.
1. Rent a room
2. Rent your parking space
3. Rent your loft or garage space
4. Renting out your home as a film set
5. Tax relief for uniforms, work clothing & tools
6. Foreign exchange students
7. Ironing services
8. House sitting and pet sitting
9. Helping out during elections
Another earner (albeit only occasional) is helping councils during election periods, counting votes and staffing polling booths. Examples of roles advertised include: